Out-of-date central heating system components and controls can lead to wasted energy, costing you money. They can also create potential heating problems.
- hot water cylinder supplied by gravity-fed water: stored water is slow to reheat
- no cylinder thermostat: stored water can become too hot and risk scalding
- no cylinder insulation: heat is wasted through the surface of the cylinder
- no room thermostat: rooms are too hot or too cold
- lack of thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs):
- excessive room temperatures and poor heating system balancing
- no boiler interlock: this means the boiler stays hot and cycles unnecessarily during programmed heating periods.
You might not notice these issues in your home, but they’ll be wasting your money in the long run.